By Maya Lester KC & Michael O’Kane

US to seize Manhattan skyscraper for sanctions violations

The US has said it may seize a Manhattan skyscraper 60% owned by Iranian-American charity Alavi Foundation, which is said to have been involved in violating sanctions against Iran. The other 40% is said to be owned by a partner of the charity using the property to channel millions of dollars to Iran in violation of US sanctions. Alavi says…...

This content is for subscribers only

To continue reading please login or subscribe.

IranIran United StatesUnited States

About Maya Lester KC

For all site-related issues, including subscription and payment issues, please contact
Maya Lester KC is a senior barrister (King’s Counsel) at Brick Court Chambers with a wide-ranging practice in public law, European law, competition law, international law, human...

See profile for Maya Lester KC >

Share this page on: